We are working exclusively with an established Venture Capital firm who are keen to attract and work alongside the best senior investment talent from across Europe. The firm’s 2nd fund is well capitalised and led by a very experienced team of investors and operators. This opportunity is for a Principal level senior investment professional to join our client’s London office, working alongside the founding partners.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a background in private equity, venture capital, Investment Banking or consultancy and desired experience or exposure to various technology domains (internet, software, mobile, semiconductors).
- 2-5 years experience at a top tier venture firm OR private equity
- Prior experience in consulting/investment banking or as an operator or entrepreneur
- Fluent in deal sourcing, diligence, and completing investments
- Awareness of present state and future trends in technology sectors
- Strong network within the technology entrepreneurship ecosystem in Europe
- Can deal in both structured and highly unstructured environments
- Self starting, ambitious, ready to help build a modern venture capital firm
Core job responsibilities
- Finding, evaluating and closing investment opportunities
- Adding significant value to portfolio companies and representing the firm on several boards
- Representing the firm at network events and technology conferences
- Build thought leadership on particular technology sectors / domains and communicate to outside world
- Analysis, thematic research and knowledge acquisition, and general contribution to fund level thinking and strategy